What’s the all the hype about? Why does it seem like everyone is moving to Lake Keowee, SC? Lake living, while it has always been desirable, seems to be gaining popularity. If you’re wondering why people are moving to Lake Keowee, consider the following reasons. And if you’re interested in finding some Lake Keowee waterfront land for sale, call Total Quality Home Builders and Waterfront Properties.
- Natural beauty. Although Lake Keowee is a manmade reservoir, you most likely wouldn’t know it. The lake itself, as well as the land and forests around it, are beautiful and full of wildlife. A wide variety of trees grow from evergreen to deciduous, along with many other indigenous plants and wildflowers. The lake is home to hundreds of species of fish and amphibians and the forests are full of mammals and birds.
- Recreation. A major advantage to Lake Keowee is its size. A large, wide-bodied lake, it is ideal for boating, jet skiing, water skiing, fishing, paddling, and many other water sports. There are some popular swimming spots such as “The Jumping Rock” where swimmers enjoy jumping into the lake from the top of a large boulder. Waterfall Cove is a popular spot where boaters turn off their engines and just float, enjoying the sound of the gushing water. Hiking and biking trails surround the lake for those who may prefer to stay on land.
- Climate. Experience all four seasons here, with the advantage of milder winters and summers. You won’t see much snow at Lake Keowee, but summers are less humid, making it more pleasant than other parts of the state.
- Clean water. Lake Keowee is known for its clear green waters. In fact, it’s one of the cleanest lakes in the entire US. This is in part due to efforts of the community to keep it clean and the fact that its water source is Lake Jocassee which receives clear mountain runoff water.
- Proximity to the city. Greenville is a thriving local city. It was included on CNN’s list of the top ten fastest growing cities in the US, number 3 on Bloomberg’s list of cities offering the strongest job market, and the 13th best city for young professionals according to Forbes. You can easily live on Lake Keowee and commute to Greenville for work.
- Proximity to Clemson University. The University offers many benefits from jobs to continuing education opportunities to art experiences. Living close to an esteemed institute of higher education is a positive for any community.
There you have it. 6 great reasons you should start looking now for Lake Keowee waterfront land for sale.
Buy or Build on Lake Keowee with Total Quality Home Builders and Waterfront Properties
Whether you’re looking for an existing home or land to build on, Total Quality can help. Specializing in custom home building and real estate, TQ will find you Lake Keowee waterfront land for sale that meets not only your needs but also your wants. Call today: (864) 868-5253.