The key to decorating a lake home is to accentuate the beauty of the outdoors without distracting from it. Lake Keowee real estate is booming as more home sites and lake homes become available. Whether you’re building a new home on the lake or redecorating the one you have, here are some ideas to make your home stylish and unique while accenting the incredible view of the water.
- White isn’t just for beach houses. In general, white tends to be associated with coastal homes, but current trends are bringing the bright, airy feel of white to lake homes as well.
- Focus on the view. The layout of the room should pull you toward the view of the lake. Arrange furniture, wall art, rugs, etc. so that the focus directs your gaze out the window.
- Windows are everything. Whether you’re designing a brand new lake home or renovating an existing one, be sure to incorporate a window design that showcases the full extent of the beauty that is your lake view. Think floor to ceiling windows in the living room, dining room, and any other room that faces the water.
- Keep window treatments minimal. When it comes to window treatments for your waterfront windows, less is more. Don’t block the natural light and view with heavy or dark curtains. If you require a bit of privacy, use light filtering curtains in neutral colors that won’t distract from the natural view.
- Bring the outdoors in color-wise. For a more seamless transition from the inside out, use natural colors like greens, browns, and beiges.
- Think practical. Lake living can sometimes be messy. Keep durability in mind when choosing flooring, rugs, and upholstery. A little dirt or moisture shouldn’t be able to ruin your décor.
- Bring in natural light. Skylights, large windows, and high ceilings all allow plenty of natural light into your home. Not only will your home look brighter, but you’ll also save energy.
- Embrace the rustic feel. It can be fun to go with a rustic theme in your lake house, especially when it’s a vacation home and not your primary residence. Woodsy tones and simplistic furniture pieces and décor help a lake house to feel authentic.
- Include a room with a 3-wall view. Consider a sunroom, den, or breakfast nook that has three walls of windows overlooking the lake. You can’t beat a 180-degree view.
- Elaborate outdoor living spaces. Focus on the outdoor areas as much as the indoors when you have such beautiful scenery. A deck, patio, or gazebo that is large enough for lounging and dining will likely be one of your most lived-in areas.
Lake Keowee Real Estate is Highly Desired
At this time there are existing homes and ready-to-build home sites available on Lake Keowee. Total Quality Home Builders and Waterfront Properties specializes in Lake Keowee real estate and building custom lake homes. When you have a vision for your dream lake home, Total Quality can design a home that includes all of your ideas and reflects your own personal style. Call (864) 868-5253 to schedule a free consultation.